Sunday 23 March 2014

More of the same

Another week of much the same training wise. Short local runs through the week then a bike on Saturday and a long un on Sunday. I had my first mtb ride for a while this week up at Whinlatter and that was great. I usually enjoy razzing it down the descents but was definitely aware of how awful an injury would be at this point so got my sensible head on and took it easy. Yesterday's long run was a bit different as well - a mix of beautiful snow clad summits and sweltering valley sections. It was 26 miles in total and I travelled through from Keswick to Staveley so quite a distance covered. That milage will be pretty standard in Scotland, with a bit more up and down. Could I do it all again today? I think so, yes! I've done quite a good job of getting the right kind of fitness; I can chug along for lots of hours and am not too wasted at the end, or the next day. Just don't ask me to go fast though.

 Nethermost Pike

 Looking West from Fairfield

Seat Sandal 

As work and preparation are reaching fever pitch it was nice to snatch a weekend away with Helen and the girls up in Keswick. Our first trip away in the motorhome was very much a success. Everything worked (well just about) and I'd describe it as cosy. Ben and Christeen are some friends supporting me in the van for a week and they saw it and weren't too horrified and the prospect!

M: 50 min run Scar
T: 1 hour run Scar
W: 45 min run Scar
T: 50 min run Scar
F: Rest
S: 2 hours 30 mins Mtb Whinlatter
S: 6 hours 15 mins run Keswick to Staveley via Helvellyn and Fairfield

Totals:      Run: 9 hours 30            Bike: 2 hours 30

3 weeks to go

No comments:

Post a Comment