Saturday 28 December 2013

A man with a plan

In 2014 I will be attempting a continuous self propelled traverse of the 282 Scottish mountains over 3000 feet, known as the Munros. It has been a dream of mine for twenty years, since first reading the book 'Running High' by Hugh Symmonds about his continuous round in 1986. I will be covering the distance on foot, by bike and kayak and will be supported by an assortment of friends and family in a campervan.  I hope to complete the round in 50 days, although I will set off with an ambitious 38 day schedule which I intend to follow as much as possible (the current record is an amazing 39 days 9 hours  by Stephen Pyke).

Through my efforts I hope to raise money for two charities. The John Muir Trust protects the wild places of the UK and Cumbria Wildlife Trust protects wildlife in Cumbria.


I aim to set off on April 14th, starting on Ben More on Mull and finishing in early June on the most northerly Munro Ben Hope. I will hopefully be able to update this blog regularly with news of how the training and preparation are going and hopefully be able to post from Scotland when I get under way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment